Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Here's To First Attempts

Back in April (I believe) I opened my first dimension to the public. I had been working on it since March 2016, so, just over a year. I don't know how many times I built something, tore it down, built it again, tore it down again, lather-rinse-repeat—I'm sure any dimensionerds know exactly what I'm talking about...

Some time in January I think it was, I thought I was close to finishing. I was taking screenshots of it, I was so excited. Then, a friend came along and mentioned I seemed to have a window problem. It made me rethink my whole design, and even though I wanted to cry, I decided to take it all apart again and build from scratch.

Anyhow, here are the screenshots I took of that first attempt, hope you enjoy the "blooper real", despite my windowitis. :D

The inn's facade, from my magic carpet. ;) I tried to use the space's natural treaded areas to guide where things should be.
The open-fronted mount tethering area for the beasts.
Side view, from the magic carpet. Notice the loo, no rear balcony or door.
The rear of the inn. I realize now how ordinary my chimney looked. Not to mention the back was a little boring to look at too.
The front garden—I felt it was important that the inn should have its own basic staples.
A different view of the facade, again from the vantage of my magic carpet.
A view of the great room from the far left side, as you enter. I was so excited to put patrons in there!
This time, a view of the great room from the opposite corner. (I was still finishing up some details, so the bar was not complete.)
A cozy and welcoming shot of the great room and the stair case. You can see there was an open mezzanine looking down on the fireplace. My whole build (of the inn) was based around that fire place.
There was place for people to sit at tables and eat, as well as sit back with a pint, around a barrel and just relax.
Looking down at the great room from the staircase landing.
A peek at the second story hallway. Notice the chimney going up across the span of the inn's height.

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost or forgotten to take screenshots of the second floor, or of the kitchen. I seriously remember taking them, but at my age, who knows. ;)

Before I go, might I just mention... Since taking these screenshots, I've had to re-install my computer. When I did, even though I saved all my files including the add-on files, all my saved sets for TinkerTools were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment